The Valorant Champions Tour is set to be held from 31st August to 18th September 2022. Sixteen teams with their ultimate warriors will contend against each other to claim the title of “Champion” and to gain their share in the prize pool of a whopping $200,000.
Acend, the winners of Valorant Championship 2021, has failed to qualify for the event amidst their loss to the G2 Esports in Valorant Champions Tour Last Chance Qualifier. This shows the competitive nature of the tournament.
With each team equally skillful, it would be interesting to see who would come out on top and bring their A-game forward to be crowned ultimate champion.
The tournament will host teams from all around the globe from regions like North America (NA), Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Korea (KR), Japan (JP), Brazil, East Asia(EA), Asia Pacific (APAC), and Latin America (LATAM).
The sixteen teams that have the privilege of competing in the Valorant Champions Tour are stated as follows.
- Optic Gaming (OPTC) (USA)
- XSET (USA)
- Fnatic (FNC) (UK)
- FunPlus Phoenix (FPX)
- LOUD (Brazil)
- Leviatan (LEV) (Argentina)
- DRX (Japan)
- ZETA DIVISION (ZETA) (Japan)
- Paper Rex (PRX) (Indonesia)
- XERXIA Esports (XIA) (Thailand)
- 100 Thieves (100T) (USA)
- Team Liquid (TL) (Netherlands)
- KRÜ Esports (KRU) (Argentina)
- FURIA (FUR) (Brazil)
- Edward Gaming (EDG) (China)
- BOOM Esports (BME) (Indonesia)
The format has been under the rules reinforced by the last tournament. Below are some highlights regarding the format structure of the event.
- We can break the tournament down into group stages and playoffs, where 16 teams compete against each other to showcase their skills to claim the prestigious title of Valorant Champions.
- Ten teams have guaranteed a spot because of their performance in respective seasons, while the remaining six teams entered the tournament by progressing through the regional last chance qualifiers.
- Both the group stages and the playoffs feature a double elimination bracket.
- Teams will be divided into four groups and compete against each other. The top two teams from each group will progress to the next phase, the playoffs.
- Only 8 teams will progress to the playoffs, featuring a double-elimination bracket.
- The matches will be the best of the three rounds. Whoever team wins two fights out of three will claim the match. However, the final and the lower bracket final are the best of five rounds.
A total of 34 matches will decide the ultimate champion of the Valorant Champions Tour 2022. Eight teams will move on to the playoffs, and only two will compete in the grand finale.
The championship will kill off with the group stage on 31st August 2022.
- 31st August: Paper Rex (PRX) vs Edward Gaming (EDG)
Leviatán (LEV) vs Team Liquid (TL)
- 1st September: ZETA DIVISION (ZETA) vs LOUD
BOOM Esports (BME) vs Optic Gaming (OPTC)
Group A Upper final: To be Decided
- 2nd September: DRX vs FURIA
Fnatic vs 100 Thieves
Group B Upper final: To be Decided
- 3rd September: XSET vs XERXIA
FunPlus Phoenix vs KRU
Group D Upper Final: To be Decided
- 4th September: Group C Upper Final
Group A Elimination
Group B Elimination
- 5th September: Group D Elimination
Group C Elimination
- 7th September: Decider Match1
- 8th September: Decider Match3
The playoffs will begin on 11th September that will be played among the 8 remaining teams. They will hold the final on 18th September, which will mark the end of the Valorant Champions Tour, and they will present us with a new champion team.
With the announcement of the Valorant Champions tour for players involved in the gaming community, the developers have introduced some new skins and collections. The most notable addition to the Valorant inventory has been Phantom Skin. It is in sync with the last year’s launch, vandal.
Butterfly knives and sprays are also an addition to the collection that helps enhance the cosmetic features of characters in the game and can contribute to amplifying the player’s gameplay experience.
They limited the items for the event. Therefore, they will not return to the store or the night market to purchase. If you wish to grab a collection of championship items, the championship collection 2022 would be suitable for you.
The developers have also announced the anthem for this year’s Valorant Champions tour. A music video with the title “Fire Again” has been launched officially. We can see the anthem by visiting the official platform of the game on YouTube or Twitch.
Last year the anthem for the championship was “Ready to die” which was praised by the community. We believe they will show the same appreciation for this year’s title as well, while sixteen teams compete to be crowned the reigning champions of Valorant Champions Tour 2022.
Watch and Earn
To engage the audience in watching the Valorant Champions Tour, the developers have announced several rewards that one can earn while watching the tournament. It is vital to state that they will broadcast the championship tour on several platforms.
You will enjoy the championship streams through YouTube or twitch by searching for Valorant Champions Tour. Players can also use this link https://www.vlr.gg/event/1015/valorant-champions-2022 to never miss out on your favorite battles.
To earn the rewards announced by the developers, players need to link their valorant account with their YouTube or twitch account. All you have to do is watch the tournament on channels, in which it has enabled the drops. Once you follow these simple steps, they will entitle you to receive rewards in your valorant account.
This is an attempt to direct the attention of players towards the tournament and gather more audience for the Valorant tour filled with the best players from around the world. As for the players, it is a good way of earning free rewards for their valorant account.
We wish all the best for all the teams competing at the Valorant Champions Tour 2022 and Don’t miss the Latest update of valorant games and many interesting games which is on the trending. Keep Clashing!