Do you constantly face Steelrising Crashing issue on PC?
If yes, you have come to the right place! Steelrising is an action RPG slowly making its way to professional gamers.
An essential aspect of this game is the exploration of the world. However, some players have reported that their game keeps crashing out of nowhere! This could happen due to several factors, such as antivirus conflict, bugs, outdated drivers or graphic cards, etc. The good news is this issue is repairable.
This article will go through all the fixes to today’s Steelrising crashing issue on pc. Let us get on the roll!
Things need to be checked first.
Before getting into some technicalities, you must double-check if your PC meets the minimum system requirements.
Following are the points you need to check first:
– Your PC Meets Requirements for Steelrising
Firstly, we recommend you check if your PC is compatible with the Steelrising configuration. If your PC build is not ideal for seamless Steelrising gameplay, you would constantly face lagging issues.
Minimum requirements for Steelrising:
- DirectX: Version 12
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 6 GB
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD Ryzen 5 1400
- 64-bit processor and operating system
- 67 GB of available space (Minimum)
– Your OS is updated
Steelrising Crashing issue on PC can also occur if you are using outdated OS. Ensure to go with the latest OS to eliminate the bugs or lagging issues and improve your PC performance.
Here’s how you can update your system:
- Navigate to Settings
- Select Check for updates from the Windows Update menu.
- Click on Download and Install if an update is available.
- Once done, wait until the updating process is completed.
- Restart your computer.
Try launching Steelrising after checking in with the basic requirements. If the same issue persists, jump to the quick advanced fixes mentioned below that could help you.
Steps for Quick Fix
Sometimes, a simple method like updating the game works out for crashing. But in some cases, you might need to go into more detail.
Try the following fixes to see which one works out for you:
– Update the game to the latest version
Ensure to update the game to the latest version. The newest version often comes with several improvements and the latest patch. The most common reason for any particular game crashing is its outdated version. Updating the game will also enhance game performance compared to the old version. The update in the game refreshes Its core state allowing it to run on reactivated functionality. Developers try to fix technical bugs and errors in the game to make it more operative in its remastered edition.
– Verify Games Files
The first thing you need to check for is any corrupted game files. Even a glitch in these files could lead to the game crashing. While downloading these game files, some errors may occur causing a game to malfunction. In such a case, you need to scan and verify game files from the main directory. Game launchers will aid you to do this. Two platforms where Steelrising is available are Steam and Epic Games Store.
Let’s check your game files on the Steam launcher first:
- Launch the Steam Games Launcher from your Windows PC.
- Once done, search for the library list where the list of all games and apps is available.
- Navigate to the Steelrising game and right-click on it to open the Properties tab.
- Click on the Local Files Settings to begin verifying the game files.
- The entire process may take 5-10 minutes to complete; wait for it.
- Once done, Steam will point out all the missing files that need to be updated or checked. You might also need to reinstall those files to fix bugs and malfunctioning issues.
- Launch Steelrising to see if the problem persists.
If you have Steelrising on the Epic Stores, you must check your game files on that platform. Here’s how:
- Run the Epic Games Launcher from your Windows PC.
- Navigate to the Library and search for Steelrising Game.
- Click on the three dots given next to the game title.
- Click on Manage Settings from the sub-menu.
- Select the option to verify the game files.
- Again, the process might take 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the game.
- Rerun Steelrising and see if the issue is resolved.
Even after verifying the game files, your Steelrising game keeps crashing, moving to the next solution.
– Update the Video Card Driver
You must be aware of the driver issues in Windows. If you do not keep up with the latest system patches, you might face issues with every application you use on your PC, including games or streaming apps. Using an outdated video driver can lead to the constant crashing of video games. You could try updating the video card GPU driver, which hardly takes 4-5 minutes. If an update is available and you keep using outdated drivers, it may cause several issues in the gameplay.
Here’s how you can update the Graphics Card driver:
- Press Win+X simultaneously to open the Quick Access Menu.
- Navigate to the Device Manager option from the given list.
- Search for Display Adapters and double-click on them to expand.
- You will see your graphic card in the list. Right-click on the graphic card will open a menu.
- Select Update Driver> Search automatically for Drivers.
- Wait until the latest graphic card driver is downloaded and installed automatically.
- Reboot your PC.
Rerun Steelrising, if the complication stays the same, proceed to the next fix.
– Change the compatibility setting
Sometimes, the game is not compatible with the OS version due to changes in the operating system. You need to make the game compatible with the current OS version which can be done via windows settings. Even though this method is not a win for the newer games requiring advanced settings, you can still try it.
Here’s how you can change the compatibility setting of the game:
- Look for the game icon in your menu, and right-click on it.
- This will open its properties; click on the Run compatibility troubleshooter option.
- Click OK to apply all the changes.
Launch Steelrising and play it for a while to see if the crashing issue is fixed. Move to the next step in case of failure.
– Run game as an administrator
Many bugs or compatibility issues are fixed when you run the game with the privileges of an administrator. This method is the most common fix for any gamer to eliminate the glitches and annoying bugs in the game. It will grant full access to the application allowing it to run without any interruption. We also recommend doing this while facing issues with any other game or application.
Here’s how you can run the Steelrising game as an admin:
- On your desktop, right-click on the Steelrising game icon to open the menu.
- Click on the Compatibility tab from the menu.
- Next, tick Run this Program as an Administrator box.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
Return to the game and see if the crashing issue persists or not.
– Disable sound devices
Sometimes, the sound drivers may interfere with other games and applications. The interference might lead to conflict, resulting in the constant crashing of particular games/apps. Your best bet is to disable the sound devices from the device manager.
Here’s how you can disable the sound devices for a glitch-free gaming experience:
- Open Device Manager.
- Search for the Sound, Video, and Game controllers tab and double-click on it.
- Next, right-click on the given sound device to disable it.
- Reboot your system.
– Perform a clean boot
The next option you could try is trying running a clean boot. Clean boot is a fancy way to restart your PC that helps refresh the overall state of your computer and removes bugs. Compared to a basic reboot, this method is much more effective as it helps guarantee the improved performance of your device.
Before doing that, you will need to close all the background applications or games in the background that may interfere with the process.
The following steps will help you perform a clean boot on your device:
- The first step is to sign in as an administrator.
- On the taskbar, type MSConfig and click on System Configuration.
- Select Hide all Microsoft services on the Services tab of System Configuration.
- Choose Disable all and click on Apply.
- Navigate to the Startup option on the System configuration menu.
- Click on Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, you will again see a Startup tab. Choose Disable for each startup item that is Enabled.
- Close the Task Manager and reboot your computer.
- When you come back again, you will witness a clean boot environment. However, a clean boot might cause temporary functional issues in your computer.
Relaunch Steelrising to see if the crashing issue is fixed.
– Turn off the Overlay
Third-party apps often have a habit of interfering with the running apps. When you start the games, the overlay apps start automatically; until you close them manually, they keep running.
The following steps will help you disable the overlay apps manually.
- Launch the Discord App.
- Click on the Settings given at the bottom.
- Select Overlay> App Settings and turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Select Steelrising from the Games menu.
- Make sure the Enable in-game overlay toggle is turned off.
- After that, restart your computer to apply the changes.
- Start the Nvidia GeForce Experience application and Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Click on General and select Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- After that, restart the computer to apply the changes.
- Activate the Steam app and select Library.
- Right-click Steelrising and Select Properties.
- Click on General.
- Turn OFF the option “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game”
- Once finished, restart the computer to change the results.
There is a good possibility of your Steelrising issue getting fixed from the above fixes. However, you can try the remaining fixes if you still witness the problems.
– Try Game Mode
If your games keep crashing in Windows, you can try different modes, i.e., Game mode. You can enter the game mode condition, which limits and decreases other activities. All notifications are turned off, and attention is only on the game.
Here’s how you can enable the Game mode:
- Open Settings by pressing Win + I.
- Select “Games”> “Game Mode.”
- To activate the function, click on Toggle.
The game mode will probably fix the issue if the problem lies on your PC.
– Correct Windows Defender settings
Windows defender firewall blocks the games from launching it correctly causing it to crash. It usually happens when you download a new game. If your Windows Defender settings are incorrect, it might interfere with your gameplay.
Here’s how you can fix your Windows Defender Settings:
- Open Settings by pressing Win + I.
- Navigate to the Update & Security tab.
- From the given panel, click on Windows Security> Open Windows Security.
- Click on Virus & Threat Protection> Virus & Threat Protection Settings.
- Select Add or remove exclusions.
- Select Add an exclusion, choose Folder, then hit on the game’s directory.
Check to see whether the issue has been fixed now. You might want to think about turning off Windows Defender if the problem still exists. Simply perform steps 1-4 from above, then turn off Real-time protection, to do that. Windows defender will act as antivirus in your PC and can interrupt game from starting. So, disabling a firewall is only solution.
If you are using third party antivirus, try to uninstall that for uninterrupted gameplay.
– Don’t overclock Graphic Card
Many users tend to overclock their Graphic cards for better gameplay with high performance. If you recently overclocked your system, be sure to delete any overclock settings because overclocking may be the cause of PC game crashes.
But firstly, you will be required to enter into the Bios mode. During the boot-up (beginning) procedure, you must hit a specific key to reach the BIOS menu. DEL, F1, F2, and other standard keys are used to enter BIOS.
Then, refer to the following steps to stop the CPU from overclocking:
- Restart your PC with the power button by holding the Shift key.
- Select the “Advanced Options” from the “Troubleshoot.”
- Then enter UEFI settings.
- Go to the “Advanced” option in the BIOS or UEFI menu.
- Select “Performance.”
- Search for a choice that mentions overclocking or anything comparable.
- Disable the overclocking.
- Click on Yes to confirm the changes.
- After leaving the BIOS menu, restart your computer.
If these settings do not work for you, there is a possibility that your system requires different settings to stop the CPU from overclocking. You can refer this article to learn more about GPU overclocking and how to undo it on your PC.
(GPU overlocking is anchor and give link to the given webpage. Link should be no follow.)
Facing constant game crashing is very common on a PC or any other device. There could be various reasons behind this issue, but the most common fixes are system or application updates. While using a PC for playing games or doing any other official work, always keep the system up-to-date.
Furthermore, you may also want to invest some of your time in upgrading the video and graphic drivers. These drivers are free, so you only need a stable internet connection to install them.
Without further delay, try out all the fixes mentioned above to fix Steelrising crashing issues on your PC. Start with the basic fixes and move to the advanced ones. We hope at least one method works for you!